Central Bucks EMS Explorers!
We are an Emergency Services based explorer program dedicated to helping young men and women, ages 14 to 21, to learn and get hands-on experience in their respective fields.
We meet every Wednesday night from 19:00-20:30 (7-8:30pm) at Central Bucks EMS: 455 East Street, Doylestown PA 18901 (click for Google Map).
In 2017 we have received two very generous grants from the Doylestown Rotary and the Village
Improvement Association. Both of these grants will be used to buy additional training materials for our Post to allow our members to learn and practice life-saving skills.
Great Hands On Experience!
We practice patient care and assessment skills
Work with actual equipment
Go over medical theory
Mass Casualty Incident (MCI) drills
Don't forget our Candy Q&A!
We also offer:
Shirt Order Forms
Explorer Post 125 has three different types of shirts available for purchase by Explorers or Advisors. Orders are taken periodically throughout the year. Click on the link to download order forms.
Uniform Shirts - Gray T-shirts or Navy Blue Sweats (one free T-shirt supplied at initial Charter)
Standby Shirts - Safety Green T shirts or Sweats with "Medical" on back (one free T-shirt supplied at first standby). May only be worn at Explorer Stand-by events.
Safety Green Shirts - Safety Green Explorer shirts and sweats - not considered uniforms, wear them simply for the fun of it.
Job Shirts - you may wear these anytime with our without our logo.
• Hypothermia: (PDF)
Over the years, our Explorers have provided dozens of tours for Boy/Girls Scouts and other youth organizations!
If you are interested in scheduling a tour for your group, we ask that you tour during one of our scheduled meetings which are on Wednesday evenings from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm. This way, we can provide:
• Tours of the squad building including: offices, training rooms, ambulances and equipment
• We then setup 'first aid stations' where the kids can rotate through to learn and get hands-on practice of first aid skills
• We end the tour with a Q&A session — which for some groups, are a requirement for their 'badge'
All tours need to be pre-arranged. By coming to one of our meetings at our squad, we're able to provide you with Explorers to help with the tour as well as having access to all the necessary equipment and ambulances, to make it a fun and exciting evening! We meet at Central Bucks EMS which is located at 455 East Street in Doylestown.
• National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians
• Psychomotor exams in PDF format (scroll down and look for "The Psychomotor Exam" tab)
• PA EMT Protocols
• Learn more about Exploring from the Boy Scout's website.
• If you're interested, Contact Us!
• Violet Richardson Award Information and Applications
• Klondike 2018 Permission Slip